Wednesday, June 15, 2011

small details

of the day - the laundry, taking out garbage, making the bed, clumping cat shit out of the litter box, getting the list of to-do's crossed-off off one-by-one at day's end. groceries, vitamins, idiot shopping, dishes, vacuum, phone calls, emails, twarts, bills paid - they are endless and they keep me in line. my lumbering 66-yr-old body likes doing housework minutiae, holding insanity at bay with regularized chaos. 'i do, therefore i am'. 'clean up your room and make your bed. it will quiet the blues,' my best friend's mom, Weastie, admonished. (she later sat in a car, garden hose from exhaust to window and killed herself.) so i wonder how i will handle NOT being able to look after everything. not being able to wipe my own ass. will i lose it? will i be able to bear, let alone ask friends and family to handle the detritus of my day? will i stand for it? will i not want others to be at my beck and call? why clutter up their lives with my clutter? or will i become a stinko curmudgeon like my Uncle Andy and chase help out of the apartment with a cane?

No comments:

Post a Comment